Featuring a flexible grid layout and a bold post viewer, Society might be Style Hatch’s most versatile and customizable theme. With the customization options you can easily change the entire color scheme, images and layout options. Plus we introduced highly requested features like your Instagram feed, infinite scrolling, and the ability to quickly like and reblog posts.
Lighbox Post Viewer
With Society you can quickly view your posts in the unique lightbox viewer where you can see the high-resolution version of the post, add comments with Disqus, and like or reblog the post. As a bonus we have enabled keyboard shortcuts so that you can press the J and K keys to quickly go to the next or previous posts. When you launch a post in the viewer or go to a new post we will even update the URL in your browser so that you can easily share a link to your post.
Society has built in support for group blogs, sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, and Google Plus, comments powered by Disqus, Instagram feed, and posts you like. Also in the appearances options you’ll find nearly 30 social profile icon links.
Below you will find a list and simple description of each of the theme customization options. If you have any questions about the features shoot us an email at email@example.com.
- Background - Sets the overall background color that includes behind the posts, ‘white space’, and the title bar.
- Text - Change the overall text color used for titles and post content.
- Link - Sets the color used for links throughout the theme and behind the header text. Go bold with this one!
- Link Alt - The alternate color sets the color that is combined with the link color. For example, the header text is the Link Alt and the Link color is the background behind.
- Subtle - As a variation to the Text color the Subtle option allows you to change the color of text based UI elements and block quote lines.
- Overlay - Set the color used in the background of the lightbox viewer, grid rollover, behind the navigation bar and in the pagination bar at the bottom.
- Overlay Text - Set the text color that is displayed on top of the overlay.
- Overlay Link - Set the link color that is displayed on top of the overlay.
- Border - This controls the lines that create a border between the posts in the grid.
- Logo - Upload an image to use as a logo above the blog description.
- Header - Add an image to the header area above the posts. You can select the Fill Header Image option to have the image fill the entire space, or by default the header image will repeat.
- Infinite Scrolling - Enable infinite scrolling to allow visitors to easily load all of your blogs pages.
- Fill Header Image - Stretches the header image to fill the entire header area. Otherwise the image will tile.
- Capitalize Titles - Capitalize all of the post, header and sidebar header titles.
- Show Group Blog Details - As long as your secondary blog is a group blog, this option will allow you to display the group and author details.
- Light Social Icons - Load light social icons to link to your profiles, or uncheck to load in darker icons useful for light sidebar colors.
- Minimal Grid - Turn this option on to only show the image, video or post title in the grid. If you have a very visual blog this might be an option to explore.
- Faded Grid Previews - Enabled the caption or body of the posts will fade out over 100px. When you view the post in the lightbox it will display the entire post content.
- Header Text - Add a title or overview to the header area. If you leave this blank nothing will appear in the header except the image.
- Header Height - This option allows you to tweak the height of the header to allow for more or less text or the ideal size of a header image.
- Description Title - Set the title that appears above your sidebar blog description.
- Authors Title -Set the title show above the list of group blog authors.
- Liked Title - Set the title show above the list of liked posts.
- Tweets Title - Set the title show above the recent tweets.
- Instagram Title - Set the title above the recent Instagram shots.
- Footer Copyright - Set the footer copyright show at the bottom of the sidebar.
Add-Ons and Extensions
- Disqus ID - Add your Disqus Site Shortname to enable comments for your site. Click here to register for a Disqus site account.
- Google Analytics ID - Ascender has asynchronous Google Analytics tracking built into the theme, all you need to do is add your site ID to this option.
- Clicky ID - For realtime tracking of who is on your site right now, goals, campaigns and Twitter monitoring add your Click ID. Clicky does charge for their analytics and tracking, but I highly recommend it for people who are stats junkies. Sign up for an account with Clicky.
- Instagram Access Token - To add your recent Instagram shots head over to stylehatch.co/instagram and follow the easy steps to authorize the theme with Instagram and get your access token.
- Typekit ID - Add your Typekit site ID enable custom typography and font-face fonts for your site. For detailed directions check out our help article on adding Typekit to your Tumblr blog.
- Body Font Family, Title Font Family - Add a standard CSS font stack or Typekit CSS font name to control the body and title fonts.
Add URLs to display the following social site icons below your site description. Note: Make sure you add the full URL, including “http://”.
Behance, Cargo Collective, Delicious, Digg, Dribbble, Etsy, Facebook, FFFFound, Flickr, Formspring, Forrst, Foursquare, Github, Google Plus, Instagram, Last.fm, Linked In, Pinterest, Quora, Rdio, Skype, Spotify, Slideshare, Soundcloud, Stumbled Upon, Twitter, Vimeo, generic website link, Youtube, and your email address.